" ...prepare a face to meet the faces that you meet... "
The Love-Song of J. Alfred Prufrock
~ T. S. Elliot
A couple of inspirational thoughts:
1. What is it about society that urges us to hide who we are?
2. Having a spent a lot of time in Asia/the Far East, I realise a full face of makeup is a very 'Western' thing, and being fresh faced/bare faced is very much the norm there. The concept of BB creams, rather than a full face of foundation originated in Asia, I think. I definitely like the 'less makeup is more makeup' look.
3. Let's be honest. I don't go to work without any make up at all, but I'm scaling back and going to work without a heavy layer foundation or heavy eye-makeup, which is good!
4. I think I have OK skin (OK for mid-twenties I suppose!) but I'm still always on the look out for foods to enhance the goodness from the inside. Current favourites are: berries - especially strawberries and raspberries at this time of year, avocados and green tea.
|image credit: weheartit.com|
6. In the literal sense, I also think this quote refers to 'putting-on-your-persona for-a-range-of-different-people'. This made me think back to another post I wrote about first impressions and approaching change... another post with some random waffley thoughts!
Perhaps I should have named the post 'face wash inspiration'!